Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Voices on the phone

So I finally got the customer I was waiting to get. That would be the one that couldn't spell CNN. I'd been waiting for her since I hit the floor. There have been other people I've talked to who probably shouldn't have computers or access to the Internet. My coworker, Larry, was lucky in that he got her is first few days but that time she couldn't spell HBO. His was even better because that time he had to tell her HomeBoy Out to get her to spell it right. I just told her CharlieNancyNancy.

I use CNN.com as a test page because the page updates every thirty minutes or so. That way I know that it not a page loading from temporary files. Sometimes I get the guy that thinks I am trying to brainwash him by directing him to that site. Usually it's something like "you know they are part of the liberal media" or "I get my news from Fox, bub." Amazingly I have to explain that I didn't pick CNN because of their content but the fact that the frontpage stays pretty current. Although I have this sneaking suspicion that one day someone is going to be seriously offended that I've asked them to go to CNN and get so mad they'll want to talk to my supervisor.

I'm not sure about all of those people that live in Southern California.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you about those people in southern California! They all have rawhide skin, facelifts and all kinds of implants! Man, the place is sick!

Besides that, I think it's funny that just because a network news station reports the facts accurately and instead of with a conservative slant, they get accused of being liberal. Hey - even if they were biased toward liberal reporting (whatever that means), they couldn't make up the stuff that daily brings shame to the conservative agenda. The conservatives, or rather, those assimilated into a life of denial, are shooting themselves in both feet with a flame-thrower.

Even if CNN is not biased, I suppose I am. I'm all about the liberal agenda. Let's help poor people. Let's help the environment. Let's stop abusive international policy. Let's fight for equality. Let's live in a free country.

Someone that can't spell "CNN?" Man, that is just the humor I needed to prevent this day from ending as a spoiler!