Tuesday, June 09, 2009

15 years

Today is fifteen years since I landed in Colorado. I guess it's an anniversary of sorts. I still vaguely remember getting off the Greyhound at the old Denver Greyhound station and walking down to the RTD station to catch a bus to Boulder. Strangely, I remember this Napoleon looking security guard that I would see the next few times I took the bus back to Indiana.

Sheesh, I was so much younger then. It's hard to remember what it was like back then. I know that I didn't really intend to move here at first, I was just coming to visit a friend for a couple of weeks. And yet I'm still here for the meantime.

Fifteen years later, and I'm ready to go back to the motherland. Even with the humidity and crappy winters. Don't get me wrong, I love Colorado but I don't love Colorado Springs. I could go on and on about why but I won't. And I'll miss it here when I finally heat back east.

And in fact I have this feeling if and when I'm back in Indy, I'll find myself looking to the west and putting mountains that don't exist in the skyline.

No comments: