Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The roads suck but it's worth it

Yeah, well everytime I went to write something last week Blogger wouldn't let me in. So it wasn't entirely laziness on my part.

The upcoming move is getting much closer and it's finally starting to hit me just how soon it is. Thoughts of putting things that aren't already in boxes from the last move are starting to swirl in my head. Thankfully, I never really unpacked from the last move other than clothes and entertainment (books, games and movies). Most of it will probably stay in boxes. Although at least now there will be some closet space for me use instead of the floor.

It could appear to some people that this thing with Phrank and I is moving very fast. The thing is, it feels like it's moving at the speed it should be moving. I realize that a rather vague assessment of the situation but I've never been that good at putting my feelings into words (yeah, yeah, it's one of those things I need to work on). The thing is, previous to her I would have never considered moving in with any of the women I dated before. And I'm quite sure I would rather be in the same room talking to her instead of sitting in my car in the Walmart parking lot on the phone (the reception is better there and there is more privacy). Of course there are brief moments where I have apprehensions about cohabitating, mostly because my living situations have never really been with someone I love (well there is that platonic love I have for current and past roommates but that's totally different).

Thankfully, those apprehensions are few and far between. I'm not worried about this upcoming domesticallity (is that a word?). Even with the drastic change from our current situation from every weekend to every day, we've got a strong enough foundation that we will be able to work out what ever bumps some along.

To this day I'm still blown away by the fact that in this crazy world, Phrank and I were able to find each other. She still amazes me. And I am one lucky guy to have her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're a freakin' sap.

phrank