Tuesday, September 12, 2006

One ring

The future Mrs. Surly Pump Monkey has been asking me for a couple days now when I'm going to blog again. I guess I have been remiss but at least this time it's only a week.

I'm not sure if the reality of being engaged has sunk in all the way yet. I do know the ring looks pretty on her finger and I keep finding myself looking at it (perhaps partly to reassure myself this is happening). We went with a sapphire partly because I'm poor and partly because I have issues with diamonds (as in I don't like them and hate the DeBeers Corp. and it's marketing schemes). The thing is it looks really good on her finger.

This is all new to me but I don't mind it. It's comforting to know that I have someone with whom I want to spend the rest of my life with and we've made a step to insure that it happens.

It still strikes me as funny in a way that this all started here on the Internet. Oh our modern world.

4 comments:

GCU of paradox said...

Do you even read these comments? You never answer any of my questions (see last post).

Congrats again. Way to save the children of Sierra Leone.

Anonymous said...

what country's children are being mistreated in the mining and cultivating of sapphires? i bet it's kathy lee gifford's fault.

phrank

Anonymous said...

Yeah! All right! Woo-Hoo! Marriage! Engagement!

I just found out!

The upstairs people don't tell me nuthin'...

I'm sure that your ring-bearing plans will be much more fruitful than my experiences...

I bet the sapphire approach is indicative of the true love, 'er whatever, that brings you there.

Yeah - screw diamonds! Sapphires rule!

Anonymous said...

funny, this engagement thing. i saw two friends tonight that i haven't seen in months and told them each of the engagement. i told them how i realized i am content to work on a happy future with you for the rest of my life, day by day. i got hugs and we got congratulations.

i love you, boyfriend.

phrank