Thursday, August 17, 2006

slugs

I'm not sure how I feel about myself these days. There are quite a few times when those thoughts of self-doubt and self-loathing creep into my head and I just can't seem to shake them. When I screw up or get my mistakes pointed out I get upset. Upset with myself but it perhaps appears as upset with other people.

The flip side to this is that my moods are affected by other peoples moods even though I try not to let it happen. When people around me are being crabby or grumpy towards me it gets to me even if I'm not the cause of it. I know that I'm not supposed to take it personally but sometime I do.

Over the years I've found myself going through various ebbs and flows of this stuff. Especially the self-loathing. It feels like it has to be peaking right about now because the insomnia is the worst it's been in a while and the thoughts that will be unnamed are the strongest.

I guess I should just remember that this too shall pass.

No comments: