Monday, February 28, 2005

Blues vs. Punk

americanrelay
isaac
rob
Originally uploaded by surly monkey.
Gaaa! Last night's show at the Rio was something to see. In fact, I'm having a hard time coming up with the words.

Unfortunately, when I walked into the Rio my camera was locked in the basement. Otherwise, I would have a pic of the always lovely Miss JW, who was looking even lovelier last night, to show you.

American Relay started the evening with their one of a kind two piece. This is the part where words fail me, trying to describe their music. It's some kind of blues, but so much more. All I can say is they killed it. And killed it good.

Next were the best and only punk band in Steamboat the Plagiarists. I don't know what was going on, but this was their best performance to date. Maybe it was all the new gear, maybe the energy in the room, or something else but they rocked it. The crowd just couldn't get enough.

Needless to say, everyone there left happy and wasted, one way or another.

No comments: