Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Marlboro Reds and 3.2% Beer

I'm amazed that it took this long. Once again, it's a guy in his late 40s again.

So as I'm ringing this guy up tonight, he says to me, "Lot of pussy in town right now."
I say, "I wouldn't know, I've been in here." This is my attempt to end this kind of conversation.
"You gotta get out there, fuck 'em and they leave."
At this point, I'm just looking at him, willing him to take his cigarettes and leave. Thankfully, he does.

For crying out loud, who talks like that to strangers anymore? And why? I would be scared to see the kind of lady this guy hooks up with, and I'm sure it would be at the Tugboat (which is a fine establishment, but you know what I mean).

If he would have said "there are some fine ladies in town" or the like, it would be perfectly fine. But the way he said it is so crass and slimey, and I really don't want to hear it.

No comments: