Friday, April 28, 2006

Old stuff, new stuff, moving stuff

The big stuff is on it's way down. I borrowed the Mayor of Steamboat's car to take my furniture down this weekend. Thankfully, I don't have that much basically a bookshelf and bed.

I discovered a nice surprise on my iPod tonight. A little Eric B. & Rakim, which I haven't heard in a long time. I'm a happy little camper about that.

With all of the hecticness lately, I forgot to mention an album that Paradox dropped on me last month. The Go! Team "Thunder, Lightning, Strike". It's a pretty good record with quite a decent amount of genre mashing. It includes cheerleader like chants, what could be '70s cop show themes and just a touch of indie noise. I'd heard a couple of their singles on XMU (satellite radio) and like what I heard. Unfortunately, they are only playing one show in Colorado and it sold out the day tickets went on sale (opening for Ween). Anyway, it may take a few listens but it is definitely worth it.

I'm slowly getting through my goodbyes as the day that I'm gone gets closer. It seems I may end up missing a few people and not get to say it to them. I'm not so sure if that's a bad thing. Enough people know that I'm leaving and the ones that I really care about know and are ready for it. If I had my druthers I'd just kind of sneak out of town and not really say anything. It's not like I'm going that far away or anything. But Steamboat have a bad habit of not visiting if you move out of the valley. I think they just don't like leaving or something.

1 comment:

GCU of paradox said...

I thought you might like that lo-fi happy rock. Speaking of UK groups, The Streets' new album, "The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living" came out on this side of the pond this week. Highly recommended, especially if you know what Mike Skinner is all about. By the way, my fellow wikipedian; did you know you could look up bands on there? They have full bios and discographies, it's great. Also, I (actually, the guy driving behind me) totalled my truck last week and I am looking for new cars; wikipedia also has really comprehensive information on car models all the way through each generation of every vehicle. Anyway, until now I've on used that site for trivia and vocabulary help...I'm only now discovering the other info it has to offer. Neato.

Good luck with the move.

P to tha X