Tuesday, May 02, 2006

In the mouth of madness

Until this weekend, I don't think I had ever really understood the word catharsis. But now I think I understand what it means and how it works.

Without going into too much detail, Phrank and I had a really big fight over the weekend. We managed to get through it but it is not something I want to go through again. There was a lot of raw emotion and anger on both our parts. It hurt. I haven't felt an emotional pain like that in a long time if ever.

The thing is, now that it is over and we are still standing together, I feel in a way we are almost stronger for having going through it. And I know now that I need her. I still don't have the words to explain exactly why or how I need her but I know I do.

If I were into all of that mystical bullshit, I'd say something like our souls have mingled together. But that's not really what it is. And even if it is, it just sounds way to much like someone carrying a torch for Jerry Garcia.

Coming through all of this, I feel changed. I want to work at this thing Phrank and I have and keep it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"our souls are mingled together"

(stiffling giggles whilst giving you a look)

you just love me for gunther. = )

phrank

JackassJimmy said...

There has to be some rain. Even the sun needs a day off every now and again.

Glad it got worked out. Sounds as though y'all have a good thing going here and I wish the both of you the best.

Cheers,
JJ