Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Six things (via Myspace)

I generally don't respond to this kind of thing but I think this time I will. My longtime buddy JR hit me with some "6 things blog tag" game over on myspace. So I decide to answer it here instead. In any case here are "6 weird habits/things about you". Although I imagine most of you may know them.

1. I drive almost 500 miles practically every weekend to see my girlfriend and the drive rarely bothers me. The only things that get to me about the drive are deer, traffic and weather. Go figure.

2. In addition to smoking I have other nervous habits mostly relating to my finger and toe nails. I pick them down as far as I can. And in the case of my fingernails I rub them on my lips after I've picked them to feel the rough edges. Not only that but I try to split the nail into layers so I can peel or rip off a top layer of nail and yet leave the nail intact.

3. I'm generally a patient person but in certain situations I can be a real asshole. Like traffic. Traffic drives me crazy, I try not to tailgate but I think I do anyway and I'm always trying to pass people. In addition to traffic, longwinded phone calls at work try my patience immensely. People who call and keep me on the phone asking inane questions or expecting me to provide tech support (keep in mind this is work only) makes me quietly pound whatever surface is nearby.

4. I rarely remember details of books or movies I've read or seen.

5. Wikipedia dominates much of my Internet time. Where else can you learn that there are only two doubly landlocked countries in the world? There are precedents in my life for this. Not that many years ago I kept my dictionary in the bathroom as reading material. I may not be the brightest fellow but I know a lot of words.

6. Despite the evidence, I doubt that people are generally evil. I think that most of us share a certain amount of common decency that we are just afraid to express. In my life I would guess that I've seen more acts of kindness than evil. Of course I realize that there are those out there that are sadistic and enjoy the suffering of others greatly but I do believe that other than laughing at other people falling down most of us do not wish suffering on others.

2 comments:

GCU of paradox said...

Six Questions:
How's meatspace been treating you? Well, I hope. When is the big move? I never heard any reviews of the last batch of music sent your way, did they suck that bad? How many days are left in the season, and are you getting up for most of them? Have you tried pandora.com yet? If not, you should.

Anonymous said...

1. one of the main reasons i wish my boyfriend was already moved in is so that i wouldn't have to take the movies back.

2. i have no gag reflexes. (shut the fuck up)

3. i require a point of contact when sharing my bed. a foot, a hand, something. if poc is lost during the night, i wake up.

4. i have the same hobbies as most 70 year olds--cooking, gardening and reading...oh and don't forget the sewing.

5. i am the proud parent of a new plant--a sedum named hector.

6. i have a gimpy dragon named zimmy on my deck. he's a good egg.


then again, none of this is any news to you.

phrank