Saturday, June 24, 2006

Goddamn Cat.

I was almost asleep when one of the cats decided to step on my head. Unfortunately, when I'm awakened while drifting off I find it pointless lay there trying to doze off again. So now I'm sitting here in my underwear hoping to get tired again. Soon I hope.

Tonight I realized something about this thing with me and Phrank as we were sitting at Denny's (there's a Denny's here!). Sometimes our relationship takes work (all relationships like this do) but for once I like that it does. For the longest time I always wanted the easy way and I didn't want to work for anything worthwhile. Why bother on trying? And the thing about this one, it's always so much us that needs work but myself. Or at least with her and with her help I'm beginning to see things in myself that I've never dealt with or even been aware of. It can be frustrating for her I know and the fact that I still can't always verbalize about them doesn't help.

Last weekend she revealed something to me that I don't know exactly how I would have handled in the past. I guess back then I would have walked away or tried to punish her somehow. I did withdraw some, which is my standard defense mechanism and isn't the healthiest way to deal with stuff. I didn't even realize that I was doing it.

The thing is through all of this, I still consider myself to be pretty damn lucky. I couldn't ask for a better woman. Not only does she treat me better than I could ever let her know (and that's another thing I need work on) but I kind of won in the hot girlfriend lottery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, you kinda make it sound like i kicked a small child or got it on with the denver broncos...or a bronco. it's just feelings, silly rabbit.

and when did you get up last night? and where was i? weirdo phantom sleeper.

oh, and i assume it was fritz as he was the one who woke me this morning when he ran into the closet door at full speed about two minutes before you flung an elbow of doom at me. jerk.

phrank

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, and lottery ticket here is going to kick your ass when you wake up since you didn't tell me we were out of coffee creamer.

and to think, i've killed men for less.

as punishment you must go hug five members of the rainbow family today...brother.

phrank

Anonymous said...

hhhmmmmm keith; I always thought you were pretty good as you were...