Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Soapbox derby, stupid money


Soapbox derby
Originally uploaded by surly monkey.
So there are actually quite a bit of things to do here that don't always require money. Case in point, on Sunday Phrank and I headed downtown to check out the soapbox derby. I actually thought the cars might go a bit faster than they did but it was still pretty cool. Perhaps the best part was seeing the kids who had spent the time to make the cars excited to race them. There wasn't that much of a crowd but what was there was fairly enthusiastic.

For some reason money is one of the biggest issues that I let cause me stress. There always seems to be a point when the realization hits that yes I will get paid at the end of the week most of my check is already spoken for. The thing is I've almost always been broke and the few times I wasn't, I wasn't any happier. Knowing that should be enough to keep me from getting down about not having any money but it doesn't always. Like most things, that stressed out feeling seems to pass after a few hours. The concern is still in the back of my head but it doesn't bother me so much.

Having said all that, I'll gladly let one of my wealthy readers buy me a new computer. Oh right, you all are as poor as me. Oh well.

No comments: