Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Steamboat gets invaded

I've discovered that living with Phrank has cut down on the amount of time I spend online. Which isn't really a bad thing but I do find myself less inclined to pay attention to writing stuff here in this space. Of course my sister would say it's because I don't have anything to complain about anymore. There is a bit of truth to that but I'd like to believe that I didn't complain that much. Admittedly, when I started this I had a job that was pretty crappy (or at least the customers sucked).

After hearing the news about what is in store (and has already started) for the Steamboat area, I can safely say I'm damn glad I'm not there this summer. It seems that Rainbow Family has decided to have their national Rainbow Gathering about forty miles north of Steamboat. Man, I would be one hateful jackass if I were still working at the gas station this summer. I can't imagine how much more insane this is going to be compared to the 4th of July hippiefest they tried for a couple of years with the String Cheese Incident. At least the Rainbows won't be sticking around town that much once they stock up and get chased off for panhandling (as a side note, I've never seen more scorn heaped on panhandlers than I have in Steamboat). But there is still the normal hordes of overweight softball parents and their screaming broods of children. I'm not really missing that part of summer in Steamboat.

Anyway, those of you up there reading this, I feel for you. But at least all I have to deal with is the heat here. Oh and rightwingers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, love, you don't complain. you whine. there's a difference. = )
(stop rolling your eyes.)

phrank

GCU of paradox said...

Wouldn't it be great to go up there in a business suit, set up a booth blaring pop music while you hand out Us Magazine and Starbucks to all? Just to irk them, of course.