Friday, January 16, 2009

Poker, I barely know her!

Damn, well at least this time I wasn't very invested this time. Nonetheless, I'm beginning to get sick of learning by experience. Perhaps I'm phrasing that incorrectly, what I mean is, I seemed to gathered all of this experience and for once I'd rather be able to apply it rather than learn from more examples.

And I'm not even sure what if anything I learned this time. I'm sure there's something.

Yes, I'm being intentionally vague, I realize this. Put it this way, for once I put almost all of my cards on the table, and seemingly they were snatched away. Poor analogy I realize but I really don't want to go into much detail. This is a public space after all.

This time I'm really not that upset by it, like I said I wasn't very invested. But it doesn't change the part where I'm a tad hurt.

Anyway, enough crying in my beer. So the other day I picked up Wolves in the Throne Room "Two Hunters" on vinyl. I'd already downloaded the album, but liked it enough that I wanted to hear in on my turntable (and it does sound better). I was pleasantly surprised to discover that there was a LP only track on it. And of course the art is cool too.

After being pointed in the right direction by Hutch, I've started getting back in to metal, which at 37 sort of surprises me. One would think that metal is a younger persons genre. On that I am totally wrong.

No comments: