Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ugly Truth


fern
Originally uploaded by surly monkey
Tonight was the night I knew I was getting towards the old side. The realization hit when it dawned on me that old school Metallica is pretty much considered classic rock.

It was at that moment that I looked around and thought to myself that these kids all look so young. Am I now the creepy old guy sitting in a place that I don't belong? I'm not fully convinced that this is the case, but there are placed I'm beginning to think I shouldn't frequent.

Somedays I feel like I'm becoming one of those guy I would see around in the nineties, the ones that looked like they were holding on to a youth that was increasingly eluding them. But at the same time, I'm not so sure. I know what I like, some of it's old some of it's newer.

This process of getting older eludes me even though I know and see it happening to me. I still am not sure what I want, and wonder if anyone ever really does.

My body feels the years go by. Each break and bump has it's own story, and for someone like me there are a lot of stories. But there are days when I still think I'm that lost 22 year old that got off the bus that night in Denver.

I'm not even sure if I have a point here, other than I'm becoming more aware of the years that are behind me. And starting to wonder.

No comments: