Saturday, May 13, 2006

A new home

Well, it's official. Other than unpacking my last load out of my car and organizing my things I am here for good. I'm glad. To finally be here is a big relief. Among other things I no longer need to make that drive every weekend, which is good because it was really starting to get to me.

Phrank let me sleep until eight this morning and then she couldn't take it anymore. So I got up and we spent most of the day going to various plant sales for her new business. And then I watched her plant said plants. After that we went to a seventies themed graduation party, in outfits and all. It was fun and she looks pretty hot as a seventies girl, if I may say so.

Leaving work on Friday was harder than I thought it would be. For as much as I bitch and moan about that place it actually was the best place I've worked so far. A large part of that was the fact that the team working there was just so great. My boss baked me two going away cakes last week. Quite possibly the best cake I've ever had. And the girls made an awesome going away gift pack. They even tricked me into taking some of the photos for part of it. That part was a little book with pictures and some inside jokes. There was also Surly Monkey tshirts and a mouse pad. They kick ass. I will miss working there.

It was sad to say goodbye to those that I said goodbye to. I got a bit misty eyed as I headed over Rabbit Ears pass for what will be the last time for a while. I will miss people there but I am excited and happy to start this new chapter of my life with Phrank.

No comments: