Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Rainy Monday...I mean Wednesday

The thing about having a holiday/day off in the middle of the week is you can sometimes end up with two Mondays. Which was sort of the case today after having yesterday off. Actually the only real reason for this was because it started raining (and yes we need it desperately, I'm not complaining) almost as soon as I walked out of the door of work. This after the storm clung to the mountains as if we were approaching Mordor for the entire day up until I left. Heck I spent a fair amount of the day watching the clouds just rest there. Somedays it really looks like there must be an evil wizard deep inside Cheyenne Mountain.

Anyway the only reason the rain slightly annoyed me is because I wanted to go skateboarding after work. There is a skatepark within five minutes of work (depending on traffic, of course) and I'm beginning to get the hang of this park. I've managed to go everyday since Saturday and I kind of like the habit I'm getting into.

It's been good for me to get out and skate ever since I started this quitting smoking thing. For one, it helps reinforce why I'm actually quitting in that my lungs will be stronger eventually. And while I'm doing it I don't really crave a smoke (although I still can't say the same for after skating).

The truth is I didn't even think about the reasons for quitting until after I stopped. Apparently this isn't the best way to go about it but I've never been known for picking the best methods of doing things. I do know that I was getting sick of the money I was spending on the damn things and that someday the smoking would catch up to me in the form of a portable oxygen tank.

And almost five hours later, it's still raining. If this keeps up the grass on the hills may yet turn green.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

evil does reside in cheyenne mountain. it's called norad.

phrank