Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Driving on Colorado Highway 9

Anytime I drive on the highways of Colorado, I always see something that is just spectacular. Well maybe not every time, but pretty damn close. Especially when there are clouds hanging over some mountain, I alway get a sense of some movie or photo that I can't remember where I've seen it.

This last drive I actually got out of the care a few times to take some pictures. Most of the time I just stick my camera to take a picture, the results are medicore at best. For whatever reason I seem to that someday I'll actually get a good picture that way.

Not that I planned on staying here fourteen years ago, but I was lucky enough to land in a state that has a lot of beautiful vistas. Those views are something that I don't try to capture often enough. And if I don't they soon leak from my mind. I will forget something I've told myself I won't forget if I don't capture it.

I doubt if I'm the only person that happens to. It annoys me sometimes but I just chalk it up to brain chemistry or the abuse I've put myself through in the past.

But hey, sometime I actually can capture that moment and that makes me happy.

No comments: