Monday, February 11, 2008

Drunken idiot


Nick's guitar and Alex
Originally uploaded by surly monkey
It seems that most of Colorado was closed on Friday or at least the part I was trying to get to. I-70 was shut down for most of the day and Rabbit Ears Pass was closed until late. The plan was I was going to go up to Steamboat and ride Howelsen again but that kind of didn't work. I did make it up for the night on Saturday to see American Relay.

For the first time in either a long time or ever, I was targeted by a member of the crowd for taking pictures. It was some drunken idiot who was sorely in need of a shower and perhaps rehab (although Steamboat has a fair share of people that need it). He started by jumping in front of my camera and waving his hands around to block my shot. When I ignored him, he didn't seem to like it, he came up to me and started saying something about how I should be dancing and how he like to enjoy the moment and not remember it (or something like that, there was a band playing). I still ignored him and again he got in my face saying "put your camera in your pocket and dance". At that point I finally said something. I basically asked him if he was offended that I was taking pictures. He said yes. I was basically said, what I do is take pictures and what you do is dance, so piss off.

That still wasn't the end of it. Later I was on the other side of the stage (yes, the Taphouse has a small stage). He saw me there taking pictures with one hand and a beer in the other. He crashed right into me to make me spill my beer all over my camera. For the first time in forever I almost attacked him, but instead I cleaned off my camera and took more photos. Including this one, which was after the beer incident.

Of course, I will remember the show and I actually was able to get some decent shots despite the idiot.

And like always American Relay killed it.

No comments: