Sunday, February 03, 2008

Out and about or something

At the beginning of the weekend I ended up at a couple of art events with a couple friends of mine. The first being a black and white photography show that was pretty cool, perhaps a bit traditional but cool nonetheless. There was one print in particular that was for sale but not on display that was pretty much amazing. The second was a gallery opening, and there was a bunch of different stuff there, some of which was influenced by graffiti, and one series that was influenced by the Star Wars mythos and some other sci-fi concepts.

Going to stuff like that always makes me want to start playing with my camera more than I have been. Or paint something, not that I can paint or draw (manual dexterity was never my strong point). I did get out and take few photos but nothing spectacular.

The same night I finally went to some bars in downtown Colorado Springs, some of which were actually pretty cool. Now I'm ready for the weather to warm up so I can start riding my bicycle to go out on the nights I can go out. I even got a phone number but I don't think it really counts (I already knew her from work, but we'd never spoke socially).

So I guess in a way this was kind of the first time I've really broken out of my shell here in this town. And even though I don't particularly like this town, I have to admit I had fun and there are some cool people here.

No comments: