Thursday, February 16, 2006

Living space...

My relationship with Phrank is ever evolving. This is a good thing, as if it were to stay the same would just be stagnation.

As many of you know (this isn't a current events blog or anything), I've been planning on moving down to her town in the spring (June to be precise). When I first announced my intention, there was a discussion about how cohabitation was out of the question. I was ok with this as other than roommates, I haven't lived with a woman in close to fifteen years. Since then I've lived as a single guy with roommates. Yeah, previous girlfriends and I spent almost every night together but I always had a home to go back to if needed (or vice versa).

Within the last week or so however, the question of sharing a place has arisen. At first I was a bit flustered as I thought it was verboten and wasn't really prepared to even consider it (even though I brought it on myself but I'll save that for later) when it came up. Shortly after, I wasn't so sure.

Here's the thing, I'm 99.99% sure that Phrank is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. And yeah, it's a bit scary to know this but I do. It's scary because I know without question and being so sure of something like this is rather daunting and new to be quite honest. The fact that we're just a couple of months into it makes it just this side of irrational as well.

So now we're in the stage of weighing the pros and cons of living together. Pragmatically it makes a lot of sense to just go ahead and do it. But there is all of this other stuff. The things that can't be known until it happens. The strains on our relationship. On top of that, I'll have my own set of stresses of moving to a new town and trying to carve out a new place for myself.

All of these questions and yet there are no simple answers. It would be so much easier if there were simple answers. And yet I don't mind because this is growth and that's a good thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if this is "just this side of irrational", i'd hate to see what the hell is 15 miles upstream from irrational!

stupid girl considering cohabitation after stupid boy asks stupid questions of rings and ceremonies. the nerve of some people.

phrank

GCU of paradox said...

Hey Phrank:

I'll be in Monkey town from 3/11 - 3/19; if you can make it up there, I would love to meet you. Seeing as how you are apparently almost betrothen, it seems only appropriate. Hope you can make it, we'll shoot some pool and then go have a party.

Cary
aka P to tha X

Anonymous said...

i would love to visit, cary, but unfortunately it's not doable as i'll be in bama and/or in route back that week.

however, you have an open invite to the new casa as soon as we have it set up. from what i hear, there's an extra bedroom and a butler to ensure coats and such are put in their proper homes.

seems as though you've been around for a while and i fear if i try to leave the great geeky one would hold my cats hostage.

in time.
phrank