Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Not the early bird...no worms either

So I have a confession. I haven't been getting up on the mountain much at all. The strange thing about this is it doesn't bother me that much. Of course, it'd be nice if I'd go a bit more and if my situation were different, I'd probably be really irritated by this but I'm not. Part of it is that as hard as I try, I'm just not an early riser. It can take a good hour sometimes to rise from the chair I drop into after getting out of bed. The coffee needs time to work it's way through my system for me to function again.

I've never been an good early riser. Even back in high school getting to school was a challenge. And this was before I discovered coffee. When I got to college I intentionally tried to schedule my classes so I would have to awake too early (fat lot of good that did). Futhermore, with the exception of a couple of jobs, I've never had to get to work that early in the morning.

There are folk beliefs out there that say that the time you rise is based upon what time of day you were born. If that's the case then this all makes sense. As far as I know I was born sometime in the afternoon around two o'clock. I do seem to function better after noon.

Although I'd imagine most of us would rather sleep later than we can. Not that many months ago, I wouldn't get out of bed before ten. To this day I'd still do that if I could but I can't.

And on that note, I should go to bed. I'm still thinking about hitting the hill tomorrow.

No comments: