Monday, February 06, 2006

Winter driving, gifts and a bit of a hiatus

Sometimes winter driving in Colorado is not for the faint of heart. Due to horrible road conditions and other people driving dangerously too slow (15 mph) my drive down to see Phrank took an hour more than usual. I'd have to say it was the worst conditions I've experienced on the drive yet. And of course about thirty miles before Denver, the roads were completely dry. Good thing the Surly Mayfly is such an awesome car, the tires help quite a bit as well. Coming back had it's own moments of treacherous driving as Rabbit Ears Pass was closed and a detour was in place over Gore Pass. After getting home I had to go directly to the car was as the Surly Mayfly was covered in an icy brown film. Joy.

Phrank's birthday is coming up this week. I've already picked up a few things but there was this one thing I wanted to do. Tonight I discovered I was foiled by lack of materials. So now I must implement plan B. I can't go into to much detail as she is probably reading this. My hope is that she likes what I get her but I'm limited in that I haven't known her that long to really get her tastes down. There are some things about her that are a given and she may not know it but she does drop what I take as hints.

I've never considered myself to be very good at getting gifts for people. My family can attest to this. Hell, there was a period of about six years where I didn't get them anything for Christmas. Part of this was that I was always dead broke and wanted nothing to do with the holidays to boot. Generally I'm not to good about taking hints for gifts or otherwise. I am one of those people that needs things spelled out for me, especially when it comes to gift giving. It surprises me that I even get a sense of a hint at times. Imagine that.

Now for a bit of business, kids. As it may already be apparent, I haven't been updating this on a daily basis. This is probably going to continue as I seem to have hit a wall on what to write about. I don't have customers to really bitch about anymore. And I have no reason to complain about my (lack of) love life. So until I can find a new focus, I'm not going to try and force myself to write something every night. Of course I'll still update a few times a week when the mood hits me but I'm done trying to do this daily for the time being. So there it is.

1 comment:

GCU of paradox said...

Good. We were all getting sick of your incessant rambling anyway.

Happy Birthday, Phrank!