Thursday, February 02, 2006

Ready for it...

I never thought I'd hear myself say it but I'm beginning to look increasingly forward to summer. Admittedly a large part of it is anticipation about moving away from here, starting anew and living much closer to Phrank. And it's only February. Of course I still enjoy the winter but for once I'm just ready to move past it.

Not only that but I wonder what kind of customers I'm going to have to deal with in the next place. Over the past two weeks our network at work crashed and we haven't been able to access many of our customers files. This can be rather annoying when dealing a customer who believes they need something we are supposed to have, right now. Let this be a lesson to everyone, if any company creates a digital file for you, make sure you keep a copy of it for yourself. For me I store files not only on my own hardrive but online as well. Of course none of that is the sensitive stuff (like I have sensitive stuff). I wonder if that's the kind of thing I'll have to deal with in the next job.

As of now, I haven't been able to get a good feel on the people that live where I'm moving to. It's far bigger than anywhere I've lived in the last fifteen years. In towns that size there will be all types. Some change this is going to be. But I have been bitching and moaning for a while now about how I want to live in a city and that's where I'm going.

Bring on the spring.

No comments: