Friday, September 14, 2007

Around the corner

Sometime last weekend fall started making it's presence known. The temperature took a big dip for a couple of days, there was a cloud cover that just looked like fall and the smell of snow lightly tinged the air. The leaves haven't begun to change yet, although today I noticed that the green in some of the trees was starting to dull. Fall is going to be here before I know it and that means winter shortly after.

Fall has always been my favorite season, after the heat of summer the coolness is a welcome relief before the bitter cold of winter (I've never lived anywhere with a truly mild winter). Plus, growing up back east the colors were just spectacular. Colorado Springs does have some trees that aren't willows and aspens for a splash of non-indigenous colors outside of the yellow portion of the spectrum.

My hope is that I can get myself outside enough to enjoy the fall this year, and get some decent pictures. I don't exactly remember but I think I didn't really get out last fall.

No comments: