Saturday, September 01, 2007

Plans were meant to be broken

Turns out I'm staying in Colorado Springs for the time being. Phrank and I came to a decision to try again the morning I was going to put in my notice. Talk about cutting it close. I'm happy with this change of plans. That's not to say I wasn't looking forward to moving back to Indiana. I was. But I want to see if we can't make this work (and there's always the possibility we could move there together).

Both of us have things that we each need to deal with to make this work. My own part is that I don't open up and I stand up for myself. I'm getting some help with that and I think lately I've been better at it. And I'm kind of boring when it comes to wanting to leave the house.

We also put in to get a different apartment, which among other things has a much better view (that doesn't include being directly above the parking lot), a fireplace and a much bigger living room. Phrank had sold the king bed while I was in Steamboat last weekend so today she bought a queen. I think a new place and a new bed might help with this whole starting over thing.

So it's kind of like we're starting a whole new chapter here. And I'm happy about that.

No comments: