Sunday, September 23, 2007

Stuff, Boxes and Books

Currently the living room is filled with boxes and random pieces of furniture. The move is going to be next weekend so the staging has begun. Personally, I hate the actual act of moving. Carrying furniture is a pain and packing everything into boxes annoys me. Not that I've done much with the boxes other than find them. Much of my stuff is still in a boxes, with the exception of my clothes. Most of my possessions consists of books and music (in the form of CD and vinyl), and Phrank has boxed most of that stuff up.

Having said that, I do like getting into a new place even if this new one is pretty similar to the current one. The big differences are it comes with a fireplace, bigger living room and a balcony that is twice as big as the current one. And the biggest selling point for me is no more having to look at and hear the parking lot right outside. Our new view looks down on the courtyard and out towards NORAD/Cheyenne Mountain. Perhaps my chances of seeing UFOs will increase.

Phrank has been quite industrious this last week with painting furniture, sewing slip covers for both people and kitty furniture and making an awesome stereo table. So far the stereo table is the coolest in my opinion. And I've got a lot more records to score to fill out that thing, yeah the LPs fit under the table. Independent Records has this double LP by the Apples in Stereo that I've been eyeballing. I'll probably break down and buy it soon enough. Inevitably, I'm going to have to learn how to rip my records into some digital format. I know I need a certain kind of cable.

Wow, maybe I've stumbled onto a possible hobby. I've been trying to find one.

No comments: