Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Work stuff

Strangely the day I was going to turn in my resignation notice, I got two unexpected strokes. I had my mini performance review and I got an "outstanding" on it, which I was stoked on, the next one counts toward a raise. And later that day I was informed that I had been selected as employee of the month. I have know idea what criteria was used to select that and I'm already getting crap from some people about it. Of course, that was to be expected. the only real plus so far for employee of the month is a prime parking spot (I just open no one messes with the Surly Mayfly).

Like I said in an earlier post, even though this may be a crappy job, I sort of like it. Mostly because I feel like I'm pretty good at it and there can be a sense of accomplishment after getting someone back online. Fleeting as it may seem.

I still hope for the day when I can find work that requires no contact with customers at all. But I realize that those jobs can be hard to find in this day an age. But one can dream, can't they?

Of course I pick a schedule that isn't the greatest because I thought I'd only be there for a week of the new schedule. Hopefully this new schedule doesn't last almost six months like the last one did.

No comments: