Thursday, May 05, 2005

Back home again in Indiana

Twenty-three and a half hours, that's how long it took me. A new personal best. Other than getting lost for about ten minutes in St. Louis and a beef with the Steamboat Grease Monkey (I'll get to that in a minute) the trip was rather uneventful. I did manage to play rabbit with two girls that had a Steamboat sticker on their car but I lost them when I pulled off to get gas. I did discover that the Surly Mayfly is a little too small to sleep in although I have one more idea for the trip back.

Anyway, Grease Monkey. I know I should never go there but I was in kind of a hurry. The long and the short of it is, I don't think they put enough oil in my car. When I checked it in Illinois I was two quarts low. That car should not burn two quarts. Not only that but the oil cap was on so tight I had to borrow a hammer to tap it loose. What the hell?! I will never go there again and encourage everyone else I know not to go there.

I still need to sleep.

No comments: