Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Even further east

Tomorrow we're heading east to PA for a family type thing. Going back there always makes me a little apprehensive and it's compounded this time by the fact that I haven't been there in many years. At least this time we're taking two cars so it's just my brother, sister and myself in my car.

This side of the family can be a little trying at times, let's just say that they share a completely different world view than I am have or am used to. For instance, some of them are into really big families (by today's standards at least) and it is not uncommon for there to be at least five children to a cousin. Also they are even more religious than my parents who are rather religious, which in itself isn't a bad thing but it seems overwhelming to me. Thankfully I've never talked politics with them and if the subject comes up, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.

There are some redeeming things about this part of the country, the landscape is very beautiful. Where we are going is a valley in the PA Appalachian Mountains and it should be nice and green this time of year. I can't recall if I've ever been there this early before or not.

Anyway, if no one hears from me for a while it's just because I am cut off from the outside world.

No comments: