Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Luna Adventures

There is this cool record store in Indy called Luna Music. I haven't even been to the main store, just the downtown one on Mass. Ave. The last time I was in there I picked up Bloc Party "Silent Alarm" on Paradox's recommendation. Good job Paradox (he also has more recommendations in the comment section in the post below this one). Anyway I really like this record a lot. I know that one should talk about other bands when talking about a band but this time I can't help it. Not only that but they even mention that they refer to other bands on the website. This record at times reminds me of the Cure or at least the uptempo Cure stuff, especially the singers voice in some songs. But I even hear fleeting references to Samiam among other stuff. Of course "Silent Alarm" stands up on it's own but as the band admits they bring a lot from those who came before them.

No comments: