Saturday, May 21, 2005

In the mists of Indy


indymist
Originally uploaded by surly monkey.
All day yesterday there was this misty haze hanging on the city. In the summer when it is hot it's not that uncommon of a sight but yesterday was cool. That made it a little different. Driving back from downtown at night was really eerie, I wish I had been able to take a picture of it at night.

Reggie Millers last game turned out to be last night. This is a big deal here as he has played 19 seasons with the Pacers. Watching the last fifteen seconds of the game was really emotional. The Pacers called a timeout to let Reggie walk off the court and the whole place stood up and cheered for him . His teammates and others were hugging him and then Detroit called another timeout. This time the Pistons players and coaches came out to hug him goodbye and then even the refs did. I almost cried and even now I get choked up thinking about it.

After the game my brother and I went to a metal show. I hadn't been to one of those in a very long time. Two of the bands were really good, Whiskey Tits and Sweet Cobra. One of the other two was just your run of the mill metal band with nothing that exciting. The other was interesting but they needed something else.

No comments: