Monday, May 09, 2005

Bloomington and environs


whackingpinata
Originally uploaded by surly monkey.
Last night was Sister Sarah's birthday party. My brother and I headed down to Bloomington and watched the graduation traffic coming up at a standstill at times. We started by going to the skatepark. Bloomington has one of the nicest skateparks I've seen, as a crappy skater I actually really enjoy the park. It has nice flowing lines and a variety of bowls and other stuff.

After watching the Pacers wrap up the series with Boston, we went on over to our sisters house where the theme was Mexico and Central America. I brought a twelver of Negra Modela to keep with the theme. She had all kinds of Hispanic fare to eat. Later came the pinata. She had spent several days making a turtle pinata and it actually turned out pretty cool. After spending close to an hour trying to figure out how to string the damn thing up it was finally time to whack it. And whack it we did. And then some more, until I managed to finish it off. Then I impaled it and left it on a stake in her neighbors yard.

Off to the Latin Dance party where I pretty much stood around and watched the beautiful women dance.

No comments: