Monday, May 02, 2005

It's over!!!

No more official gas station for me as of 3:30 this afternoon! I'm sure I'll pull a few shifts but I am officially off the schedule. This was one hectic weekend. Last night was The Plagiarists vs. Rusty Shackleford. There's a few pics over at my flickr account. The show freakin' kicked ass! It was a rotating set night with The Plagiarists play first then Rusty Shackleford and both one more time. The hometown group just started the crowd and then brought them in. The madness started during the Rusty Shacklford set, the crowd was ready and our big boys that usually protect the band and the amps were not here for this one. Denali almost got his head taken out by the PA a couple of times due to crowd surge. These guys killed it last night. It was like Steamboat had never seen anything like it. I'm sure they have but maybe not here. The Plagiarists second set was just as crazy, frenzied crowd and everthing. By the time Rusty Shackleford played their second set the crowd had thinned and there wasn't as much danger to the amps. But they still killed it.

Some freakyeyed idiot tried to steal my jacket but I saw him walking out and was able to retrieve it. Jerk. His excuse: I was just holding it for you, dude. Yeah right. Doug told him not to come back and apparently he threw a hissy fit by kicking the window and knocking over an flowerpot.

It was a awesome night overall and everyone had a blast.

No comments: