Monday, May 09, 2005

Grass, Pacers and the dog

There seems to be this quality of the grass here back in Indiana that I just can't describe (and no I don't mean marijuana, ya buncha stoners). It is so much softer, more carpetlike (although if you want carpet the moss in New Hampshire can't be beat) for lack of a better description. And walking around in bare feet is a bit easier on the feet as there aren't sharp little rocks poking through the soil. I assume it is due to the millions (thousands?) of years of glaciation than smoothed everything down. Of course this is why Indiana is so flat and even then if you head south it isn't that flat it's just not striking like Colorado.

Well the Pacers lost the first game of the series to Detroit tonight but that's ok, it's only game one. But the whole bar was kind of bummed about it. Our server was rather attractive and Maggie was encouraging me to get her digits but I am leery about asking out the servers as I'm sure they get hit on all the time. I'm sure I'll be back in there, maybe next time. But they had Millipede which was the sequel to Centipede and I played it. I sucked of course but still. Millipede!

The dog was taken in for his shots today and he was surly all day. He kept giving this look like "how could you guys betray me like that!?!" Poor guy. Ulysses is the coolest beagle and he has this silly grin most of the time that could melt the heart of even the most rabid dog hater.

Tomorrow I start ripping apart a rental house for remodeling. Destruction should be fun except for pulling out all of those goddamn carpet tacks.

No comments: