Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Salinas, Kansas

Thank God for truck stops! Bosselman Travel Centers all have free wifi hotspots, so I am writing this while waiting on my sausage skillet at Grandma Max's Resturant. I've come about 580 miles, at my first fill-up the Surly Mayfly got almost 33mpg. That is so freaking awesome! I tried to take some pictures from the sunroof, but once again it didn't work. Oh well.

Well, that hit the spot. This is definitly not the same truck stop in Salinas that I got yelled at for ordering a hash brown. "We have orders of hash browns, if you want a hash brown go to McDonald's." Too bad they were hash tans.

I don't watch cable news usually, and just now I was reassured that I have made the right decsion. There was a segement about how Texas high school cheerleaders just dance way to sexy and that it leads to STDs. Huh?

Back to the highway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From what I heard in the news this morning; there are actually people in the Texas state government who want to initiate laws dictating what can/can't be included in a cheerleading routine.

I say, let them ceceed. Or is it ceseed? that can't be right... Cessation? All I know is, at one point Texas wanted to be their own country and maybe that wasn't such a bad idea.