Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Ah music

I know that I briefly mentioned Bloc Party's album Silent Alarm a while back but I think I need to talk it up a bit more. Paradox had recommended it to me in the comments and I'm glad he did. Anyway, this album has been my driving theme since I picked it up and tonight is the first night I've brought it inside. I finally dumped it in to iTunes tonight so I could use it in mixes and what not. It really is an amazing album. Lots of great guitar hooks that are admittedly borrowed from those that came before and yet appear fresh. Unfortunately they are not going to be touring the States anytime soon, I'd really like to see them as I don't hear too much that can't be reproduced on stage. I have this feeling that they may have listened to every rock and roll band (ok, maybe not Rocket From the Crypt) that has formed since 1979 and that is really what make them so good.

No comments: