Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Hollywood, the genre killer

It's come to the point that I can't watch modern horror movies. Not because they're scary, quite the opposite. They suck. Totally contrived and not scary or suspenseful. Tonight we watched Cursed, it started off as a serious horror flick with potential. Halfway through it seemed as though the makers couldn't make up their mind if they were going to go cheesy or not. I noticed this when there was a conversation about werewolves and the characters were standing in front of a mockup of Teenwolf or I Was A Teenage Werewolf (I can't tell which one). Ok, a little reference but then they started to fluctuate between gags and trying to stay serious. Grrrr. Pick a path and stick with it.

The last good horror movie I've seen was Dawn of the Dead. And that was good but it was a George Romero remake. And I think I've seen a preview for a new Romero zombie flick.

No comments: