Sunday, June 05, 2005

Haunted High School

Apparently the high school I went to (Decatur Central) is haunted. At least according to several site on this here Internet. Suspiciously, all of the entries look exactly alike:
Indianapolis - Decatur Central High School -In the 1970's, a girl named Anjie and her friends were recklessly riding around the school parking lot. They crashed and Anjie was thrown from the car and killed. Strangely enough, the school's electricity would not work for several weeks after and the entire school smelled like burnt rubber. Every year, around the time of her death, the electricity still goes out and burnt rubber is smelt. Some people have even reported seeing a young female ghost walking up and down the stairs crying.
-Shadowlands Haunted Places


The thing is, I never heard that story, ever. One would think that would be something the seniors at least would tell the freshmen to freak them out. To be honest, I can't remember the smell of burning rubber, the power would go out once and awhile but I would alway just think it was the weather or something.

Now I just might have to find some others and ask them what they remember.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across your page looking for this story. I do know that the story is correct in the sense that this did happen. But the hauntings I don't believe. Though the kids that worked drama did report some strange things.
I can't go on what people say. I went to Decatur Graduated actually stayed the night in the auditorium and absolutely nothing happened. But just thought I would comment on the entry.
- Ashlie -

Britany Judd said...

I also came across your page looking for stories about DCHS. I attended from 2000-2004. I was in drama my freshman year and I can assure that it is definitely haunted! I can't even begin to explain how many things I have experienced there. If fact, because of my experiences at DCHS and some from my childhood, I am not part of a paranormal investigations team so that I can find more answers on the paranormal.