Monday, April 25, 2005

Packing...ugh

Spread out through my living room are piece of my personal history here in Colorado. Mostly t-shirts. Every time I pack up to move, I go through this ritual of going through and trying to get rid of some more things. I don't do a very good job of it, there are shirts that I should just get rid of and yet I can't. My green Alien Workshop shirt with an alien (a gray) and the word "believe" below, I can't get rid of. Really I should, it has so many holes and is barely wearable but I know I'll regret it if I do. The donation pile is getting decently sized, there is even a shirt that is close to fifteen years old in there (Red Hot Chili Peppers). Someone will score at Lift-Up after I drop it off.

Worse than the clothes are the random pieces of paper. Letters, bills, receipts and other strange things I rarely throw them away. And when I go to pack I have to read each one. And the photos take forever although the last two years worth is on a hardrive so that won't be as bad this time.

I'm doing better though, the last two moves I never took most of the stuff out of the boxes. I have years of skate and punk rock magazines saved in some of those boxes. Not that their really worth something, but they are a part of my history and I just can't throw them out. Although I think this time they'll end up in my parents basement until I'm more settled.

At least I'm just moving next door this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a packrat too. I just can't bring myself to part with the 40 or so Big Brother magazines that have moved with me at least a half dozen times. Not to mention the random sh*t you accumulate and can't bear to part with.

I hope you've picked up Bloc Party, "Silent Alarm" already as I suggested back in your music recomendations post. Sh*t, they're almost popular already. Don't sleep.

Also if you want some guilty pleasure stuff, pick up: M.I.A. "Arular".

Dopeness.

P