Saturday, April 23, 2005

This is change!?

For once I'm going to live up the title of this here blog. Because I am still surly about a certain customer. A little background: I used to have a serious problem with people who paid in all change, but I got over it. Until tonight. This woman came in, who I've always had a bit of a dislike of and whipped out this bag of quarters. Now of all the denominations of change, quarters I mind the least. They're easiest to count and they leave the draw quickly. But she had $30 in gas and was determined to pay for it in all quarters. Quarters! Thirty dollars! Who in their right mind lugs around thirty dollars in quarters? Well, unless they are on their way to the bank to turn them into dollars. She claimed it was laundry money and that she spends $60 on laundry a week. Hell if that's the case you could buy a washer and dryer in about a month and a half. Further more she reeked of cheap booze and cigarettes (I should have called her in on a DUI). As I'm scowling and asking her if she has a different method of payment, she had a card but didn't want to use it, she proceed to tell me to smile. Hah, I'll smile at just about everyone, but when you tell me to smile...no dice.

I guess the only bright spot is we won't have to open quarters for a while. Oh, and since I'm quitting I won't ever have to see her again.

No comments: