Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Freaking computers

Goddamned technology is getting me again. In addition to the iPod and iTunes mystery, now my external USB CD burner won't work from iTunes. It seems to work from other software. I'm freaking confused.

Actually, I think it has to due with this computer. As far as computers go it's starting to get a bit outdated but I don't have the money to buy a new one. And I'd really like a newer one.

The plus side is that my geekery may have finally begun to pay off. Last night at work some guy was in and looking for a new Mac consultant. Apparently the one in town charges $95 an hour, and this fellow just thought that was a bit much. After he told me what he needed done I mentioned that I could probably do that and I'd only charge him $30 an hour. Perhaps being a geek will finally pay off. The truth is I don't mind doing geeky things for my friends. I'd never expect them to pay me (well I'd totally charge the creepy next door neighbor but he's not a friend).

I wonder if I know enough to get paid on a regular basis for it.

1 comment:

JackassJimmy said...

I have gained a lot of knowledge on geekery and other things through the interweb and local liberry.

I'm sure you could bone up enough to start a side business.

Here's to getting the burner to play nice with iTunes again.

Cheers,
JJ