Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New toys...

Thanks to Hutch and my mother, I now have a really nice iPod. And I can't keep my grubby little fingers off it. Today for the first time ever, I went snowboarding and listened to music. While doing this I discovered I seem to go a little faster and jump a bit more (not to mention fall). At first, my balance was a bit off but I figured it out. At first glance it seems that heavier music is better for riding. So tonight I made a playlist for riding. I'm going to have to go up just to try it out tomorrow.

I tend to listen to mellower music most of the time. My guess is that it's part of the whole getting older thing. Not being the angry kid I was even a few years back probably has a bit to do with it. But there are times when I just want to rock. Even then it's not the same things I was rocking to back in the day. Well some of the same things. However long gone are the days when the only things I'd listen to are punk and metal. I'd like to think I'm all over the board with the exception of modern country (geez, I hate that stuff).

Of course now with this new toy, I'll probably be buying way too much new (and new to me) music. There goes my moving budget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you wanna rock like dee snyder?

phrank