Sunday, January 08, 2006

Phrank, the Borg and two lavender robots

This weekend marked the fourth weekend in a row with Phrank. It's hard to imagine what I did on the weekends before I started driving down to Colorado Springs to be with her. Although knowing how I am, I probably didn't do much other than go, mess around on the computer and sleep.

One cool thing about Phrank and this thing that we have is that it doesn't take much for us to have a good time. It seems just the fact that we're together lends itself to that. Whether it be stomping around Garden of the God's, driving up into the mountains, playing video games at the arcade in Manitou Springs (which I suspect we'll going back to some, we are both geeks you know) or just walking around Walmart.

Phrank and I are good for each other, we help bring things out in each other that neither of us knew we had. We talk and listen to each other. For two self-proclaimed social dorks, we have a really good basis of communication, neither of us will let the other get away with evasive conversation tactics for very long. We fit together well.

Until today, we had let Sundays become pretty pathetically sad. We would wake up and in a few hours the realization would hit that I had to come back to Steamboat. Leading up to today we decided that this needed to stop as it was dragging us down and basically ruining the day. Today we slept in (sorta), Phrank made breakfast (she makes a mean Cheddar garlic biscuit among other things), showered and left the house for most of the day. It didn't even hit us even up to the point that I dropped her off at an engagement she had. A quick goodbye and I was on the road. And you know, it's much better that way.

And no, Phrank, I didn't lose my second lavender (glossy) robot.

2 comments:

JackassJimmy said...

So Lloyd, how do you really feel? Congrats on the goodness smiling on you!

Cheers,
JJ

Anonymous said...

crap. if you're cusack that would make me ione skye. wait...that means i married a beastie boy. eew and my dad is donovan.

hmmm.

(rodney says hi.)

phrank