Monday, January 02, 2006

Up all night...

I'm making an attempt to go to bed earlier. I'm not sure if it'll work but I really need to do it. This isn't the first time I've mentioned it but the late nights are really starting to catch up with me. Today I was completely worthless at work. I easily could have got keyboard forehead if it weren't for the coffee (which finally worked by two).

By habit, I'm a night owl. I do like staying up late, I'll admit it. There is something about the night that keeps me up. I'm not exactly sure what it is. Maybe it goes back to working the graveyard shift but I'd think I've recovered from that as it's been close to a decade since I've worked that shift. Of course, more recently I worked until midnight or later. I can't remember the last time I went to bed before midnight. It has probably been years.

I'm torn, my increasing exhaustion dictates that I should go to bed earlier but I can't bring myself to get there as early as I should. It's an ongoing struggle. Maybe somewhere in the back of my head I think I'm going to miss something if I go to bed too early. Or perhaps I'm just still scared of the dark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn you. thanks to the title of this particular blog, i have gilbert godfrey's voice in my head at 6am. most uncalled for.

we are creatures of habit. it's somewhat disheartening to come to an age when our bodies mandate that some of those habits change.

i never planned to make it to thirty so when that age crept up on me, my "oh shit" moments started to occur. thankfully this hull of a body has been good to me thusfar and i owe it a bit of pampering.

sleep damn you!
phrank