Monday, January 02, 2006

No wrecks and dry roads...

There is still residual caffeine in my system from my drive back up here tonight. Like I've said before, the drive back to Steamboat from Phrank's can seem really long. As far as the drive goes, I pretty much have it down to a science. But the thinking is what makes it long. I'm left to myself for almost the whole time and I mull over what has passed. Although Phrank will call at some point to keep me company until the signal drops or I need to concentrate on driving (I can't talk on the phone and drive in bad conditions). I welcome her calls, I like her checking up and making sure I'm still good to drive.

Surprise or not, being there on New Year's was most excellent. I continued my tradition of not drinking on New Year's eve (oddly I can't remember how or when I started this tradition but it's been a few years). Which came in quite handy as Phrank is sober. I accompanied her to this big shindig that she helped organized. A shindig of sober drunks. It was pretty cool being there, witnessing and interacting with this important part of her life. Finally being able to put faces to names was an added bonus.

I'm a lucky or blessed man to have met Phrank. This thing that we have between us feels like nothing before it. I never knew her before she became who she is now but who she is kicks ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and i've got a nice right hook!

phrank