Tuesday, January 10, 2006

scratchy

The worst part of getting sick is the when you realized you may be getting sick. Tonight I can feel it coming on. At first I thought it was just from smoking too many cigarettes but I think it may be a little more than that. The beginning is the worst because you know it's coming and there is very little you can do about it. Tea and salt water gargle. Maybe a hot toddy if I could remember how to make one and had a lemon.

And of course it comes a day before my midweek weekend. Which I was hoping to spend on the mountain.

Oh well, I'll just to have to suck it up and tell my body that I'm not allowed to get sick. I'm not sure if that always works but I know sometimes it does. I'd thought I'd already had my cold weather sickness out of the way for the winter, so maybe this one will pass rather quickly. Maybe it is just irritation from smoking, or perhaps it's from that almond I choked on earlier tonight.

Whatever, it'll pass. But once again it makes me reconsider my smoking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

garlic. lots of it.

phrank

GCU of paradox said...

Airborne! It saved me this winter, I was even able to make out with my bronchitis ridden lady-friend with no ill effects (pun intended). I also take it before I get on an airplane. For now, I swear by it.