Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Thinking about leaving and it's too damn cold here anyway

So I'm beginning to prepare for the upcoming move. As I'm still not sure exactly when I'm going to actually move, it's still a matter of putting feelers out there and see what is available concerning living arrangements and employment. It seems that rents down there are far cheaper than here. I've yet to see a one bedroom apartment going for much more than what I'm paying for my room here. Employment seems to be all over the map. In that world, I'm not exactly sure what I'm qualified for and I'll just have to pound the pavement when I get there.

Historically, I've never really had that hard of a time finding work that provided me with enough money to survive on. It'd be nice to find something that pays a little more than that. That's the one thing about leaving here, after ten years in this town I've found something that I'm actually able to have a bit left over after the bills are paid. But that's ok, I've wanted to leave here for a long time and now I know where I want to go.

If I knew the definition of irony, I'd say my destination is a bit ironic as at one point I sort of swore I'd never step foot in that town and now I'm planning on moving there. Never say never, I guess. Of course, the more time I spend there, I realize that my first impression eight or how may ever years ago was totally biased and I wasn't even ready to think about leaving Steamboat then. Now I can't wait to get out.

That's not to say I won't miss this place and the people I call my friends. Those that I consider my friends I will sorely miss. And I'll miss the view. This place is always going to be here and some of those people will always be here as well. As long as I'm still close, I can always come back up.

The more I think about leaving here, the more excited I get. I'll be closer to Phrank, there are places that never close and I'll be much closer to Denver so I can go see more shows and other stuff. And for the first time in a long time, I'll be where barely anyone knows me. That's kind of neat in a way.

No comments: