Sunday, January 15, 2006

Off weekend spent at work...

This was the first weekend in four weeks that I have spent the entire weekend here in Steamboat. Thankfully, I had to work (I can't believe I just wrote that) both days. But it kept my mind off where I would rather have been.

Of course work was relatively slow and I'm glad because I'm still fighting this freaking cold thing. I think the whole town is sick. Almost everyone I run into has the sniffles or sneezes. Thanks to all of the out of town visitors that brought their infections with them. I've never noticed the pattern before but after the holidays it seems this entire town comes down with a cold of sorts. My only hope is that with all the various virii that are floating around here, it helps boost our collective immune systems. Here's to hope.

And of course it's snowing off and on tonight which makes me really want to go up on the hill tomorrow. I know I should just stay in bed and try to fight this but the call is very strong. I'm just going to call the report and give myself an inch of new threshold (of course, I haven't decided on what the threshold is going to be).

Being the first weekend not spent with Phrank, I think I did ok on the whole not being horribly mopey thing. This is not to say that I didn't miss being with her. Far from it. But between being sick, working and performing my duty as designated driver I was able to not dwell on it as much as I would have if those distractions weren't there. But I missed her head nestled on that one spot on my shoulder among other things.

No comments: