Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Chaos at the Rio


sam
Originally uploaded by surly monkey.
Well, well, well the Plagiarists played at the Rio on Saturday night and it was chaotic to say the least.

The first band (which I didn't listen to that closely) was Cog, another local Steamboat band. If I had to categorize them, I would say stoner rock along the lines of Tool. From what I heard of them, they were musically adept but lacking a vocalist. Unfortunately I was sitting at the bar probably saying to much.

Then came the Plagiarists and before the first song was finished there was a fight or at least a near fight. Of course, I didn't see what happened because I was looking through my camera. After the combatants were calmed down, the band got back to playing until Sam broke a string. But they decided to keep playing, rocking the house. Several times the crowd almost knocked the PA stands over, and other acts of craziness occurred. Then LeeAnn broke a bass string and had know backup. So the band had to break and send someone to get a string. Twenty minutes later they started up and finished the night with Born to Lose. A great late night.

No comments: